PCOS Diet Plan for Weight Loss
Indian PCOS Diet plan for weight loss & curtail naturally with our Best Dietician for PCOS / PCOD
Table of Contents
Get your PCOS Diet Plan for Weight Loss
A relatively prevalent hormonal disorder that affects more than one in ten women is Poly-Cystic Ovary Syndrome, or PCOS.
Specifically, Numerous factors, including genetic, epigenetic, and environmental, are likely involved in the development of these illnesses.
Indeed, many different symptoms that differ from woman to woman are brought on by PCOS. Additionally, for more severe variants, they may present as metabolic consequences including diabetes as well as acne, excessive body hair, hair loss, and fertility issues.
Infact, a “moderate” version of PCOS affects the great majority of women, who can nonetheless lead happy lives.
In other words, PCOS is due to a hormonal imbalance of ovarian and/or brain origin. So choose your PCOS Diet Plan for Weight Loss accordingly.
What is PCOS, or polycystic ovary syndrome?
PCOS is a condition that affects women. It results from an imbalance of sex hormones in women, which can cause the symptoms listed below:
- Firstly, irregular cycles of menstruation or
- Secondly. disorders of the skin, such as acne
- Thirdly, excessive body and facial hair growth
- Also, cysts on the ovaries,
- Next, reproductive disorders or fertility issues
Importantly, today more than 10% of females suffer with PCOS. Its origin is still a mystery. Interestingly, PCOS is typically diagnosed in women in their 20s, 30s, or even as young as adolescence.
Thus, to understand PCOS, you must above all bear in mind that there is not a single form of this syndrome but as many forms as there are women who have PCOS .
Thus, several women can have PCOS but not have the same hormonal disorders, nor the same symptoms: what will therefore work for one will not necessarily be suitable for another.
PCOS and Weight Gain for PCOS Diet Plan for weight loss
Your body creates too many androgen hormones if you have PCOS. Next, your body may manufacture too many androgens, which can lead to weight gain, especially around the midsection. Accordingly, the following dangers can increase with this kind of weight gain:
- Firstly, Hypercholesterolemia
- Secondly, elevated blood pressure
- Thirdly, Hyperglycemia
- Next, high levels of triglycerides
- Also, heart condition
- and finally, diabetes type 2
Symptoms and Diagnosis of PCOS - PCOS Diet Plan for weight loss
Find the diet that suits you and makes you feel good..!
The diagnosis of PCOS must be made by a doctor. If you think you have this syndrome, I recommend that you consult a doctor who specialises in these issues, namely a gynaecologist and/or an endocrinologist .
Indeed, two of the following 3 criteria must be present:
- Ovulation disorder : little or no ovulation, very short cycles or very long cycles, irregular cycles, even absence of periods.
- Alternatively, Clinical and/or biological hyperandrogenism : increase in testosterone in the body and/or various symptoms hair growth (especially on the face, chest, breasts, back, thighs, etc.), acne , significant sebum production , hair loss
- Additionally, Ovaries with many follicles, visible during an ultrasound: at least 20 follicles on one of the two ovaries, which gives a small “blackberry” shape to the ovary.
Thus, a woman can have “polycystic” shaped ovaries without having PCOS (if she has no other symptoms).
So, another woman may have PCOS with ovulation disorders and acne, but not have “polycystic” ovaries.
Tips for Maintaining a Healthy Weight for PCOS Diet Plan for Weight Loss
Truly, depending on the analyses and the problem, we can propose a personalised food plan, in agreement with the person. The idea is not to advise something inaccessible and unrealistic. Nor is the objective to have overly strict “rules” that you can never deviate from. Thus, a “basic” food plan and food education work to empower consultants is essential.
Infact, it is also important to have balanced plates and to be aware of the roles of each family of foods :
- Proteins : meat, fish, seafood, eggs and legumes.
- Lipids (“fats”): vegetable oils, oilseeds, butter, cheeses, avocado, olives, etc.
- Carbohydrates (“sugars”): cereals and flour-based products, fruits, etc.
Thus, the important thing is to eat a varied and balanced diet on a daily basis, taking into consideration some subtleties related to PCOS (managing blood sugar levels often comes up, with work on carbohydrates).
Additionally, the way you eat is also very important – eating mindfully allows you to pay attention to your food sensations . Thus, by reconnecting to his feelings, for example by asking the questions “am I really hungry?” How much would I rate my hunger 5, 10, 15?, we adapt our rations better and we really eat what we need.
Alternatively, Food is not the only lever in PCOS. Indeed, it is necessary to take into consideration the overall hygiene of life with in particular:
- Firstly, Regular physical activity : limit physical inactivity as much as possible,
- Additionally, Good stress management : limit stress and have restful sleep.
Opt for Good Fats for PCOS Diet Plan for Weight Loss
Indeed, Overconsumption of saturated and trans fats can cause excessive cholesterol and blood pressure. Moreover, consume fewer foods that are high in saturated and trans fats. Instead, choose unsaturated fats, which are better for you and may be found in almonds, avocados, and vegetable oils like canola and olive oil.
Boost your fibre consumption: Having a higher fibre intake will help you manage your blood sugar and reduce your cholesterol. Meanwhile, fiber is also beneficial for the digestive system and aids in satiety. Thus, aim for a daily intake of approximately 25 g.
Try these high-fiber foods:
- Firstly, Fruit, notably kiwis, oranges, pears, berries, and pears.
- Also, vegetables, including peas, spinach, butternut squash, and broccoli.
- Alternatively, Whole grains include oats, brown rice, and millet
Opt for Good Proteins for PCOS Diet Plan for Weight Loss
At the outset, enjoy the advantages of protein by including it in each meal. More frequently, choose foods with plant proteins. Infact, compared to other protein sources, plant proteins can offer more fibre and less saturated fat. Truly, aim to consume lean meats and poultry, eggs, fish, beans, peas, lentils, nuts, seeds, and tofu as well as other high-protein meals.
Foods to Avoid for PCOS Diet Plan for Weight Loss
Eat these foods in moderation:
Less frequently select processed foods including those high in sugar, salt (sodium), refined flour, and fat, such as:
- Firstly, White bread, white pasta, or rice
- Secondly, Muffins, granola bars, boxed sweets, and cookies
- Additionally, Sugary beverages and soft drinks
- Also, items that are fried or battered, such fries and potato chips
- Finally, candies and chocolate, among other sweets
Firstly, Plan to work out for at least 2.5 hours each week at a moderate intensity. Additionally, Work up to longer sessions as your body adjusts by beginning with 10 minutes of exercise.
Table of GI in Foods for PCOS Diet Plan for Weight Loss
Here is a table of Glycemic Index of foods to know in case of diabetes:
Low GI (less than or equal to 55)
Medium GI (from 56 to 69)
High GI (greater than or equal to 70)
whole grain bread or Roti
Short grain rice
7 day Indian PCOS Diet Plan for weight loss
Breakfast Meal options for Indian PCOS Diet Plan for weight loss
Every day starts with breakfast. People with PCOS / PCOD should never skip breakfast.
Importantly, take less grains or no grains, 25% long raw sprouts, 25% salad (raw veggies), and 50% cooked dal-based foods make up the suggested breakfast
- Firstly, mixed dal dosa
- Alternatively, a portion of oats salad with cucumbers
- Additionally, a dish of daliya or upma with vegetables
- in the same way, two rotis, one bowl each with sabzi and curd
- Also, eat one tomato, onion, and cucumber with your porridge or museli and milk.
- likewise, a single cucumber or tomato, a bowl of wheat flakes, and some milk
- similarly, Make a moong-dal chilla that includes at least a few vegetables.
- two slices of whole wheat bread with an omelette of vegetables and egg whites.
- lastly, Dhokla of mixed dals
Lunch Meal options for Indian PCOS Diet Plan for weight loss
- Firstly, Since millets are a healthier alternative to grains, millet paratha is ranked higher among the food items.
- Alternatively, Grain and dal should be combined to make missi roti. By doing this, we actually increase the benefits of dal while reducing the amount of grains.
- Further, choose two chapatis, one sabzi, one dal, one dish of sprouts, one dish of curd, and one dish of buttermilk, along with two to three pieces of chicken or fish.
- Next, 1 substantial vegetable dish with curd A variety of veggies is typically preferred in daliya khichdi.
- additionally, 2-3 pieces of chicken or fish, 1 large bowl of sabzi, 1 bowl of dal, sprouts, curd, and buttermilk
- finally, 1/2 a bowl of brown rice, 1 bowl of salad with 2 cucumbers and 2 tomatoes.
Dinner Meal options for Indian PCOS Diet Plan for weight loss
First and foremost, those who have PCOS / PCOD should ideally have dinner early.
- Firstly, 2 horse gramme dosas, 12 cup of vegetable sambar
- Secondly, Idli and a light veggie sambhar for two
- Thirdly, 2 teaspoons of pudina chutney and 1 cup of mixed vegetables
- Next, Low-glycemic sabzi, such as ghia, tori, tinda, etc., with 1 chapati and 2 Katori.
- Alternatively, Missi roti with mild tomato sauce with vegetables
- Also, Vegetable soup and a side salad,
- Finally, cooked or sautéed vegetables with vegetable broth
How do I consult with the right nutritionist for PCOS Diet Plan for weight loss ?
It is your personal preference. So choose a dietician with whom you can connect personally, who can motivate you through the entire weight loss journey and “taim” your PCOS / PCOD. Speak with the dietician before you start your diet program. Discuss your personal requirements, eating habits, daily routine, your medical ailments, if any.
Besides, Understand the ideology and diet strategies which the dietician will choose for you, and ask why it is perfect for you. Ask for diet plans delivery, and how support will be given in case of any queries or explanations.
If you are looking for a holistic nutritionist, you have reached the right place.!! We excel in online diet programs for PCOS / PCOD weight loss and other therapeutic diets. Please checkout to all our Diet Programs.
At Nutri4Verve, You can Connect Now on Call or just connect for an informal chat with our expert Dieticians & Nutritionists on WhatsApp
Importantly, You can also Try our Nutri4Verve APP for Free from Google PlayStore or Apple App Store for its amazing features.
Healthy weight loss - The Personalized concept at NUTRI4VERVE
Lose your weight naturally. With the help of our professional nutritional advice by experienced dieticians, you will reach your desired weight. A key factor in weight loss, in addition to sport and exercise, is proper and healthy nutrition. Feel comfortable in your body again.
Our nutrition experts will help you lose weight and integrate a healthy and balanced diet into your everyday life. You often don’t have to do without your favourite foods.
Learn to pay attention to your energy intake and the foods you eat (vegetables, fish, meat, snacks, sugar, fat, carbohydrates, fiber). Nationwide and internationally, we support you with professional nutritional advice on losing weight.
Further, Our recommendations are individually tailored to you and your personal requirements. Break with your routine step by step and achieve a better body feeling and well-being. Lose weight naturally without diet pills.
Lose your pounds with professional guidance. We will create an individual meal plan (diet plan) especially for you – no copy paste stuff.!
Our experienced and certified diet specialists ensure long-term success.
Interesting Facts on Instagram page
Famous Top 5 Dieticians (Best Nutritionist) Online for PCOS Diet Plans for Weight loss -
1 - Dietician Shivani Sikri - Best Indian Dietician Online
Shivani Sikri is an internationally renowned award-winning dietician, nutritionist, columnist, blogger, and nutrigenomics counsellor.
Dietician Shivani is best known as the co-founder of Nutri4Verve, her online clinic where she provides customised dietary and nutrition guidance to her clients. Sikri has been honoured with several accolades, including the Best Dietitian in Delhi and the Sattva Iconic Wellness Award 2021. You can surely contact the best nutritionist for weight loss in India and across the globe.
After completing her Masters, Shivani Sikri further attained her POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN PUBLIC HEALTH AND NUTRITION (PGDPHN). Additionally, she also completed her POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN NUTRITION & CLINICAL DIETETICS.
To further enhance her knowledge and skill-set as a Nutritionist in the field, she had accomplished several Professional Certificates pertaining to – “Modern Lifestyle Diseases – Awareness and Prevention”, “Alcohol and its effects on health” and “HIV-AIDS – Awareness and Prevention”.
Additionally, Shivani has also completed specialised Extension Online Certificates from Texas A&M, USA in the subjects – Healthy eaters: Infant and Toddler Nutrition in Child Care – and Osteoporosis
She has also excelled in her Advance Course in “Nutrigenomics for Professionals in Nutrition” USA.
Shivani Sikri is also a Certified Naturopath.
WEBSITE : https://nutri4verve.com/
Contact : +91-8800339577
Email : [email protected]
2 - Dietician Ms. Shweta Sharma
About a decade back, she had 25 kilos, and with it started her journey as a diet consultant. This qualified nutritionist in Mumbai specializes in healthcare and wellness plans for children and the adolescent. She believes that her patients are most at risk from junk food, which is her sole advise to anyone suffering from weight problems. Inspiring, right?
Address: ActiveLife-Nourishing Lives, Near Police Station, Charkop, Sector 2 Charkop, Kandiwali West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400067
3 - Diet Expert Ms. Vinita Aran
She started out as a diabetes expert, and then branched out into the field of nutrition. Her patients have always recommended her for one very simple reason; She does not ask them to stray too far away from their staple diet. Sounds amazing right? We think it does.
Address: 902, Vrindavan 3, Near Saint Xaviers School, Andheri East, Poonam Nagar, Jogeshwari East, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400093
4 - Dr. Sujatha Stephen Govada
Dr. Stephen is one of the best dietitians you can get in Hyderabad. Currently, she is the Chief nutritionist at the Maxcure hospital, Madhapur. You can give her a call to make prior appointments for any sort of disease.
Address – 9/50, New Dilshuknagar Colony, Near Andhra Bank, Dilshuknagar, Hyderabad
5 - Dr. Sujatha Stephen Govada
She runs an independent clinic named Shefali’s Nutrition & Wellness Clinic. Visit her to get the finest diet plans for a good and healthy lifestyle. Moreover, she is been into this industry for 10 years now.
Address – Shefali’s Nutrition & Wellness Clinic, Sector 40, Chandigarh
Questions in your mind..
Have an informal chat with our expert Nutritionists on WhatsApp or Personal Call..
Book An Appointment
Sign Up For a Free 1-on-1 Discovery Call on Phone with our Nutritionists
to discuss your Health Challenges & Goals
Just drop in your details & we shall get back to you later at your preferred time..